Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I love chocolate. I love banana bread. I love this bread…snack…er, dessert. Whatever the category is, I love it.
I do my best in trying to eat clean most of the time. And by “clean” I mean a plant-based diet. I’ve been keeping a vegan diet for the last couple of months, and I’ve never felt better. I no longer feel groggy in the morning, never get food-coma, and just feel lighter and clear-headed all around. However, I do let myself have a non-vegan treat here and there. I think that’s the trick (for me, anyway) in eating clean. Knowing that I can have something indulgent if I really want makes me feel like I’m not on a restricted “diet”.
I’ve been making this delicious scrumptious thing for about a year. It’s my go-to recipe for home-made gifts, occasional treats, or if I have abundance of ripe bananas. I made it for teachers gifts, for my son’s lunch box, and I’ve been known to eating this secretly in the kitchen. Today, I made it for a church event so I doubled the recipe which came out beautifully. It’s so easy to make. The sour cream makes the bread rich and super moist. I know it’s going to be a great crowd pleaser.
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread adapted from The Savory Sweet Life
Makes 1 loaf or 2 mini loaves
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour.
- Mix everything until well incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts (if applicable).
- Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hr.
- Insert a tooth pick into the center of the loaf and check to see if it comes out clean when you pull it out.
- Remove from heat and allow bread to rest in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert the loaf pans onto a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or cold.
I want to eat this bread now! Thanks for sharing… Sent from my iPhone
Hope you got to make some! It’s so delicious!